IE 9 BETA are now release.

I had mention in my Chinese Technology Blog (OH ! PC World), I am a big fan of Google Chrome. But since the new IE 9 beta is out and Microsoft said it is a nice browser so i decided to test it and share my impression. So HERE is it - the IE 9 blog post !






If you are a Windows XP user, you should know IE 9 is not support your operating system. IE 9 are available for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users only.

After I installed the IE 9 in my laptop, i click the IE icon at my desktop. It really surprising me the fast at startup and load the homepage (MSN). All this done in a few second ! In my experience it really a huge improvement when compare to the previous IE version.

IE 9 is still annoying software when the first time you use it, it will ask you to set up the express setting or do somethings else.  (A bad user experience ! :( )

The second things that make me surprise is the new design of the IE 9.


It is so simply and .......it looks like Google Chrome isn't ? Not only the design and also the functions. The address bar is also a search box. Opera had a "Speed Dial" function and IE had a "Your Most Popular Sites".

IE 8 get 20/100 in the Acid3 Test but in IE 9 it had improve to 95/100 in the Acid3 Test. (My Google Chrome dev version 7.0.5 is 97/100, Safari is 100/100 and Firefox is 95/100 in the Acid3 test). You can test your bowser at here Acid3 Test.  (what is acid3 test?)


As what Microsoft said, the web apps really work faster with IE 9.

Lastly, as a web developer i am very happy that IE 9 are supported HTML5  and CSS3 now ! :)

Okay, I would like to stop at here. Please go to try the IE 9  yourself. Thank you for reading my article.

Download Internet Explorer 9 Beta.

Read More :
Internet Explorer 9 Test Drive
Beauty of the web
Who is talking IE 9 in Twitter ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Computer

Wireless Transmission Media

Systems View of Project Management